Actively promoting global sustainability
Metsä Group is an active member of many national, European and international trade and industrial organisations. We are a reliable discussion partner for industry organisations, legislators and decision-makers.
We have participated in the UN Global Compact corporate responsibility initiative since 2003 and have implemented its principles in the areas of human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption in our daily work. The Group’s Sustainability principles are based on these widely accepted basic principles.
As a member of the Global Compact Nordic Network, we work for a more sustainable business in the Nordic region and share best practices among peers. We warmly welcome the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and show how our work supports reaching the goals.
Membership IN organisations
We participate in the operations of the following organisations:
- Confederation of European Paper Industries (CEPI)
- European Confederation of Woodworking Industries (CEI-Bois)
- Committee of Professional Agricultural Organisations and General Confederation of Agricultural Cooperatives (COPA-COGECA), Nordic Family Forest Owners (NFS)
- Finnish Forest Industries Federation
- Confederation of Finnish Construction Industries (RT)
- Finland Chamber of Commerce
- Global Compact Nordic Network
- Forest certification organisations: Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC)
Metsä Group and its five business areas also participate in the operations of many national forest industry organisations in its key countries of operation. Such organisations include the Swedish Forest Industries Federation and the German Pulp and Paper Association, for example.
In addition, Metsä Group or its businesses are members of many field-specific organisations, such as the European Tissue Symposium (ETS) and the European Organization of Packaging and the Environment (Europen).
- Local communities
- Schools and universities
- Cooperative's owner-members
- Other forest owners
- Customers ad consumers
- Corporate networks
- Authorities, legislators and political desicion makers
- Own personnel
- Investors and analysts
- Research organizations
- Subcontractors and suppliers